Tuesday 31 May 2016

#PPA302 – A Sketch by Nicole Watt

Congrats 

- A sketch challenge from Nicole Watt over at Pals Paper Arts Showcase

Good evening :)  
Tonight I will be sharing a card based on the sketch below From Pals Paper Arts. This Sketch was designed by Nicole Watt

PPA-302-May26


As this card was based around a sketch I thought I would use it as a perfect opportunity to use up some of my retired DSP & Bakers Twine. As the more I use, the more I can replenish with new stock.....that's my reasoning any way lol.
Shhh don't tell hubby :)

Here is my card made using the challenge sketch.

#KOCreationscards #Boldbutterflyframelits #DSP #Rosered #Bakerstwine

As you can see from the picture above I have used a paper doily folded in half so that the white stays strong clean & crisp. I have used the bakers twine (Cherry Cobbler) as accent points. The Bold Butterfly Framelits have become my focal in Rose Red and Whisper White. The DSP is a sheet of 6 x 6 Love Blossoms & has been cut down to size.
  

#KOCreationscards #Boldbutterflyframelits #DSP #Rosered #Bakerstwine

I added a slice of the DSP to the inside + swapped the butterfly color arrangement and added them to the inside as well. When the card is fully opened you also have the Bakers twine running along the inside of the card for added interest.


#KOCreationscards #Boldbutterflyframelits #DSP #Rosered #Bakerstwine

I hope you enjoyed my creation tonight. So very happy you stopped by to check it out. 

Thank you

&

I hope to see you back again soon :)


Some of the items I used are currently available in the new catalogue, so I have listed them below for you in the carousel.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, Kim! I love the designer paper you used. The inside is just as lovely as the front. There is so much yummy texture!!! Thanks for playing with the Sketch Team at Pals Paper Arts this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ann I love texture on cards :) It all adds to the special element that hand made brings.

      Delete
  2. Love the use of vibrant colours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)