Sunday 22 October 2017

Crazy Crafters Blog Hop with Special Guest Jenny Hall

Image may contain: text

Welcome Back everyone 😊
Today I am hopping with the Crazy Crafters Team and special guest Jenny Hall


We The Crazy Crafters have each chosen a project of Jenny's to CASE (Copy And Selective Edit)
You are currently here me me (Kim Oliver) and I have a full list of all participants closer to the end of my blog.

Here is the project I have chosen of Jenny's to CASE.

vintage style



Jenny created her card using the Cracked Glass technique using layers of heated embossing powder.
This was something I haven't tried before, I thought...
Why Not!


Here is my card.
I used the same layout for this technique as it has an old world feel with it that this technique deserves.

Dragonfly Daze


#KOCreationscards #Crackedglasstechnique #Dragonflydreams #Butterflybasics #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Stampinup

I am over the moon with my first attempt!

Before my next attempt I MUST order some more embossing powder though 😲 lol. I just need to do this some more! It's so much fun hahaha.

I followed Jenny's instructions and layered the embossing powder 11 times, but my crack wasn't sharp. I ended up with more of a crazed effect. 
Which I quite like BTW 😍

HERE is Jenny's video showing how she made her card.


Angled View

#KOCreationscards #Crackedglasstechnique #Dragonflydreams #Butterflybasics #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Stampinup

To create the scene I used two stamp sets. Dragonfly Dreams and Butterfly Basics.
I used the Shimmery white card stock to stamp my scene onto.
I masked over the dragonfly after the original stamping. I then stamped the fern leaf over the top. Being masked this gives the effect of having the fern fronds behind the dragonfly.
I coloured the dragonfly using the NEW STAMPIN BLENDS!!! 


To continue through this fabulous blog hop please click the name directly after mine 







If you are looking for any of the items I used to create my project with, then please use the carousel below. 
It has all items listed and is linked directly to my store.



Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. 
If you have any questions please feel free to ask them in the comment section below
I always reply 😉

12 comments:

  1. Wow - on so many fronts! Glorious card and what a great technique. It's so great to be introduced to a technique that I hadn't seen before and now I'm desperate to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie :) I had never tried it before eother and LOVE it. Can't wait to get more embossing powder and do some more!

      Delete
  2. Wowzers, Kim! So glad you gave this technique a try. The moment of the crack, I can just imagine your excitement!! Your card is incredibly beautiful and you've really done it well. Thanks so much for having me hop with you all, I am honored more than you can know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny for your wonderful inspiration! I thoroughly enjoyed this technique and will be doing it again! Thank you thank you thank you xxx It's been a blast!

      Delete
  3. Ohhh goodie!! Another fabulous technique to try out. Stunning as always Kim you're on fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Thank you Carolina :) I love finding techniques I havaen't tried too!

      Delete
  4. Wow Kim, amazing card. I've never seen this technique before and MUST try it out now. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten, I felt the same when I saw this in Jenny's gallery!

      Delete
  5. WOW Kim, What a stunning card you have made and great case.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this cracked glass technique xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)