Sunday 14 January 2018

SSBH - Sale-A-Bration - Monochrome Heartfelt Blooms

No automatic alt text available. 

Hello everyone 😊
Welcome to the 2018 Stampin' Sunday Blog Hop.
Our theme this month is Sale-A-Bration!
What an awesome way to kick of the New Year!

I have a full list of our hop participants closer to the end of this post.


Here are my cards.

MONOCHROME HEARTFELT BLOOMS


#KOCreationscards #Saleabration #Heartfeltblooms #Cardmaking #Occasionalcards #Monochromecards #Stampinup #Flowers #Wedding #Engagement #Sympathy

For my card projects today I have chosen to use the Heartfelt Blooms stamp that you can earn FREE during SALE-A-BRATION *more info further down.

I chose a monochrome colour scheme of black, grey,white with silver to finish for my first card.

Here is a close up of the layers.

Close Up View

#KOCreationscards #Saleabration #Heartfeltblooms #Cardmaking #Occasionalcards #Monochromecards #Stampinup #Flowers #Wedding #Engagement #Sympathy

I used a few little bits'n'bobs from previous makes to finish this card. 
The vellum heart frame, the sequin trim and the black leaves are all from previous cards.
I have overlaid a sheet of vellum over the DSP in the background. This was done to soften the look of the black polka dots.

LOVE

#KOCreationscards #Saleabration #Heartfeltblooms #Cardmaking #Occasionalcards #Monochromecards #Stampinup #Flowers #Wedding #Engagement #Sympathy
For this card I decided that a splash of colour was needed. I chose to colour one flower image in Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie.
I also went with a mixed metals approach adding metallic sequins to the card front and metallic gold thread behind the focal layers.
This card was created using bits'n'bobs that I had been playing with trying some of my new product out and getting a feel for them.
The vellum overlay on this card has only been stuck firmly down in the centre behind the floral image. This was done to give a loser feel to the overall structure of the card.

 Close Up View

#KOCreationscards #Saleabration #Heartfeltblooms #Cardmaking #Occasionalcards #Monochromecards #Stampinup #Flowers #Wedding #Engagement #Sympathy

*Kim's tip

Have you ever wondered how to apply your vellum so it stays flat and have the glued area barely noticed?
Then I have your solution!
Apply Fast Fuse along the edges of the vellum.
NOTE: When applying always make sure that you have no balled up bits of the glue and that it doesn't double on itself - Those two things will make it visible.

I hope you liked my card projects today.
To find even more gorgeous projects and continue through the Stamping Sunday Blog Hop please click the name directly after mine.
I know that there will be loads more to see.










*SALE-A-BRATION information.
Did you know that from the 3rd January - 31st March 2018 you can earn FREE items from Stampin' Up! 
HOW?  Simple!
 For every $90AUD you spend WITH ME you earn 1 free item from the 2018 Sale-A-Bration catalogue
But wait it gets even better. 
There are now LEVELS of FREE items. 
For instance spend $180 AUD you can earn 1 level 2 item for FREE or 2 level 1 items for Free!



If you are looking to purchase any of the items used to create this card with then please check the carousel below. 
It has almost all items listed (except for the 2018 new product) and is linked directly to my store.



Thank you so very much for visiting my blog today.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask them in the comments section below.
I always reply 😉

3 comments:

  1. You have used this set beautifully for your cards Kim! I love your monochrome card with all of your "leftover" bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim ... these cards are amazing! Love that Stitched Rectangle ... very clever!!! The whole black/white/vellum/metallic is a fabulous colour scheme that I wouldn't have thought of using with this set! Fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are great, I think the mongrome one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)