Thursday 16 June 2016

'HELLO' #GDP040 | CASE the Designer

'HELLO'


#KOCreationscards #Thewildernessawaits #Inthemeadow #Lovelyasatree #Jaroflove #Sponging

This week we have the opportunity to CASE the super talented Shawn de Oliveira.



As you can see from the design below Shawn's water coloring & sponging is just divine. 

 #GDP040


When CASEing you can choose any element from the card to replicate. Be it the stamp used, the design or the technique.



 I thought I would give the water coloring and card design a bash.


'HELLO'

#KOCreationscards #Thewildernessawaits #Inthemeadow #Lovelyasatree #Jaroflove #Sponging

Please forgive my image quality today, it is extremely overcast here so I had to have all lights on as well as the lamp. So I have a few extra shadows in some pictures.

How I made 'Hello':

  • I started by stamping two images of the fox from 'The Wilderness Awaits' stamp set, one onto whisper white & one onto reflex paper. I cut the reflex image out and used it as a mask to stamp the tree behind the fox.
  • I then stamped the image of the tree onto reflex paper and cut that out also.
  • Stamping the smaller flowers and grass from the 'In The Meadow' stamp set in front of the fox gives the whole image some more depth.
  • Placing my masks over the fox and tree. I spritzed the paper with water then I picked up some Dapper Denim ink onto my sponge and lightly sponged around the background area. Redoing areas I wanted a little darker.
  • I colored the fox & trees using my Stampin' Write markers, scribbled onto a stamping block then picked up with an aqua painter.
  • I let dry and trimmed to the required size.
  • After trimming I distressed the edges using a file. 
  • Placing the water color image in the area I wanted on the backing card stock, I got my stamps that I wanted to carry over to the underside ready. I held them above my image in the general area then removed my water color and stamped onto the backing card stock.
  • Above the background card stamped area, I used the 'Hello' sentiment from the 'Jar of Love' stamp set.
  • Using my Tear n Tape I put my finished pieces together.
#KOCreationscards #Thewildernessawaits #Inthemeadow #Lovelyasatree #Jaroflove #Sponging

  • I finished of by creating a smaller image for the inside of the card
  • I tied twine around both images to the front and on the inside.

#KOCreationscards #Thewildernessawaits #Inthemeadow #Lovelyasatree #Jaroflove #Sponging

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope you enjoyed seeing & reading about my card creation.
If you would like to know what I used to make this card there is a list below.





10 comments:

  1. Awesome card Kim. Love the rustic, raw quality with the frayed edges and outlined stamped images on the side. Your watercolouring is gorgeous well suited for the subject. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juana I love the rustic/vintage look....it appeals to me on may levels

      Delete
  2. Beautiful coloured Kim. An outstanding design 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teena, so happy you appreciate my card & the thought in the designing of it :)

      Delete
  3. Just so lovely Kim, thanks so much for joining in this week x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Kim! I love how you've stuck to the layout but transformed it a little to match your theme perfectly. Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jess. Your appreciation of my effort to stay true to the layout is appreciated :)

      Delete
  5. Kim, thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work with us at Global Design Project. I love the coloring you've done and all the techniques you used to make this. Also, thanks for nice compliment, but I'm truly honored you took so much time to make this work of art for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shawn :). The compliment for your work is well deserved!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)