Wednesday 24 August 2016

#GDP050 | Sketch Challenge

Sneak Peek for the 'Holiday Catalogue'

 HAPPY CHRISTMAS

Did I hear a very loud Groooaan!?! hahahaha....

Yes it will soon be that time of year again....Normally I am one of the most un-organised people for THAT time of year ... I  end up rushing around, trying to fit everything in at the last minute..Not this year  (I hope) 

So to start my early preparations for this year, I decided I would make some Christmas cards ready to send to family & friends.
I found my inspiration for this set of Christmas themed cards from the Global Design Project

Using the cute design sketch below


I only made 3 cards for the set! But, because like any good design sketch, it is adaptive to every conceivable stamp set & ephemera, the possibilities for more are boundless.

 I tried to remain true to the sketch. I kept the greeting to the top left (mostly) and added some detail underneath with an element of focus off to the right.

The Sneak Peek Element

I used a little something on each card from the new 'Holiday Catalogue'

which all customers can order from, on the 1 September 2016

Being a SU demonstrator I was able to pre-order items to help give you all a bit of a sneak peek & some inspiration as to what you can create.

 & I can only show you the front of the catalogue atm though, sorry.


But isn't the cover full of gorgeous ideas!


OK

Here is my first card



#Christmaspines #Flurryofwishes #Fancyfrostsequins #KOCreationscards #Embossing #Seasonalbells #FancyfrostDSP

For my second card I used a stamp set from the catalogue.

I love how this design sketch can be left almost empty and still be full of detail. Those Fancy Frost sequins really helped this card pop that little bit extra.

#Christmaspines #Flurryofwishes #Fancyfrostsequins #KOCreationscards #Embossing #Seasonalbells #FancyfrostDSP





Don't you just love those pine branches and cones, I know I do :-)


And for my 3rd card 


#Christmaspines #Flurryofwishes #Fancyfrostsequins #KOCreationscards #Embossing #Seasonalbells #FancyfrostDSP

I think this one is my fave, but that's probably because it was the last one I made lol.
I do like how the white embossed specialty DSP helps add texture and also becomes a focal interest too.



And a family photo all sitting together hehe :-)

I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I enjoyed creating them x

#Christmaspines #Flurryofwishes #Fancyfrostsequins #KOCreationscards #Embossing #Seasonalbells #FancyfrostDSP


These cards have all been layered using Stampin' Dimensionals between each layer. The Focals were added using a mixture of glue and dimensionals. I used the Copper embossing powder over Cherry Cobbler for the bells and the Silver embossing powder for the snow flakes over Whisper White & Cherry Cobbler. Both Cherry Cobbler & Crumb Cake card stock has been used along with Whisper White Specialty DSP.

Thank you for stopping in and visiting.
Please, call back soon.

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous set of cards Kim. Great variety of sets using the sketch. Love the copper embossed on the bells and that embossed dsp is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Juana I tried to use a few from the new Catty as well as the current Annual Catalogue. Happy you like my efforts x

      Delete
  2. WOW 3 cards! What a treat, someone is getting ready for Christmas! Thanks for joining in this week x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)