Sunday 9 October 2016

#CTC006 with Jessie Holton - 'HELLO'


WELCOME BACK

Today I am CASEing one of my own cards for this weeks Case This Card challenge.



This card is from my #CTC005 blog Water Colours




The elements I chose from my last card were 
  1. the Water Coloring
  2. the Layers 
  3. the Colours
  4. the use of Vellum

I wanted a totally different card this time and I think I have accomplished that with 'HELLO'

I wanted a card that could be replicated and modified, but be slightly different each time it was replicated.
Sound mysterious?
 Well for those going to 'On Stage' in Brisbane, all will be revealed then.

Sooooo

With out further ado,

'HELLO'


#Butterflybasics #Gorgeousgrunge #Hello #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Handmade #Bittybutterfly #Onstagebrisbane  #Labeleralphabet



To Make 'HELLO'
  • Choose a neutral card base. Fold an A4 in half at 15 cm then trim at 10.5 cm.
  • Then choose a colour you want to feature. I chose Peekaboo Peach. Trim so as to leave a small edge of the base showing underneath.
  • Cut a piece of Crumb Cake to 7 x 13 cm
  • Stamp the image you want onto Very Vanilla and Water Colour using Aqua Painters..... then trim to fit your card and placement.
* Don't let anyone tell you that you can't water colour on normal cardstock. the trick is to be QUICK!
* Now this does take practice, and remember being water colour, it is very forgiving. No one expects you to remain inside the lines!
  • Distress the edges of your trimmed image and your main colour card.
  • Layer them as pictured. I have placed Stampin' Dimensionals under the Peekaboo Peach.



SIDE VIEW

         
#Butterflybasics #Gorgeousgrunge #Hello #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Handmade #Bittybutterfly #Onstagebrisbane #Labeleralphabet

  • Under my distressed image I have added small strips of burlap ribbon. 
  • I have also added a length of Linen Thread around the edge of the Crumb Cake and tied my sentiment to this.
  • At the bottom I have stapled a small doubled over section of Very Vanilla lace trim


OPEN VIEW

#Butterflybasics #Gorgeousgrunge #Hello #KOCreationscards #Australianmade #Handmade #Bittybutterfly #Onstagebrisbane #Labeleralphabet

I do hope you have enjoyed this card creation today. 
I would love to see an entry of yours in Jessies #CTC006 this week, or even next week if you can't make it to this one. Entries close Tuesday evenings around 6pm.


If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create my card, I have listed them for your convenience in the carousal below.







Thank you so much for visiting with me today.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask in comments below. I always reply!


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim. Love the vintage distressed elements you've done. Lovely watercolouring and will surely give that uniqueness to each card. Look forward to the Onstage surprise. :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juan. Onstage is still a ways off yet :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Kim! Love the colours & the ripped bits to show the burlap underneath! Thanks for playing along with Case This Card this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)