Tuesday 1 November 2016

"Happiness" = CASEing Brian King at #GDP060

WELCOME


Today I am sharing with you a couple of cards designed from CASEing Brian King. This is the challenge over at Global Design Project this week
Isn't he just so cute

For my cards I chose to loosely CASE Brians colours and layout. I say Loosely because i couldn't tell whether the pink he used was Pink Pirouette or Blushing Bride. I chose Blushing Bride :) teamed with Crumb Cake. My stamp set used is 'Touches of Texture', set 1 and 2 + the sentiment is from 'In This World'.


 And here are my cards

'Happiness'

1 and 2
#Happiness #Touchesoftexture #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cardmaking #Stampinup #Australianmade #Bees #Inspiredbynature

For these cards I used Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake for the cards stock. The ink I used was Blushing Bride and Tip Top Taupe.
For the flowers, I first used the splash image to go under the flower for the front. I have then stamped 2 flower images...One was stamped over the splash stamped image. The other onto scrap paper,  I then fussy cut around some of the petals to glue to the front of the card. Just to add some more dimension and texture. 

#Happiness #Touchesoftexture #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cardmaking #Stampinup #Australianmade #Bees #Inspiredbynature


 
#Happiness #Touchesoftexture #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cardmaking #Stampinup #Australianmade #Bees #Inspiredbynature


For the bees I used the jumbles alphabet to indicate the constant noise that bee's tend to make when busy collecting and pollinating :) I stamped my bees over the jumbled alphabet image. I then stamped two more onto scrap paper and fussy cut around them. the fussy cut bees have been adhered using dimensionals.

As you can see in the pictures above and below, I have carried my theme through to the inside of the cards. I do think this just gives the card that feeling of being a little more special :)



#Happiness #Touchesoftexture #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cardmaking #Stampinup #Australianmade #Bees #Inspiredbynature 

Each card has been put together in layers. Starting from the first layer (the stamped image) This was adhered using tear and tape to crumb cake, which was adhered to the DSP using Dimensionals. The DSP was adhered to the crumb cake using tear and tape and that layer to the crumb cake below was attached using dimensionals again. So we have loads of layers and two of those using dimensionals.


I love this design because of it's implied simplicity.
Two colors, two stamp sets and two card stock colours!

I do hope you enjoy them too.




#Happiness #Touchesoftexture #KOCreationscards #Handmade #Cardmaking #Stampinup #Australianmade #Bees #Inspiredbynature

Thank you for stopping by today. 
Feel free to ask any questions you mat have in comments below. I always reply!


Just in case you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create with today, 
I have listed them all for your convenience in the carousal below.




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, Kim! I love the pairing of these colors - you did so with such a soft and pretty effect. I am thrilled that you played along with my challenge! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Brian for stopping in and leaving such a gorgeous comment for my efforts. I really do appreciate that so much. You have made my week. Sorry I took so long to reply, I was attending Onstage LIVE :D

      Delete
  2. Love your cards Kim! Especially the little bees hanging off the sides, so adorable! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessie, I really enjoy watching bees in the spring. This reminded me of doing that :)

      Delete
  3. Love your cards Kim. Especially the soft colours you've used and how you've continued the theme inside each card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirsten, I enjoy carrying themes through to the inside of my cards

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)